One important feature of Bells & Whistles is its Outlook Alerts section: this article details the Outlook Alerts options available with the Bells & Whistles add-in for Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Among several other productivity features, Bells & Whistles lets you enable various alerts for Outlook emails. To access the Alerts options, simply click on the Options button of the Bells & Whistles Outlook toolbar, then go to the Alerts tab. The following window will open (click on it to enlarge the screenshot):
You can set the following Outlook alerts:
– alert if an attachment is missing (based on keywords found in the email you’re composing);
– alert if an attached file is bigger than a specified maximum value;
– alert to reply to all addresses, if you are replying only to the sender of an email containing multiple recipients;
– alert if you are about to reply/email to robot-like email accounts;
– alert if you are sending an email with too many recipients;
– alert if you forgot to enter a subject line to your Outlook email;
– alert if you are about to send an email written with CAPS ON (it doesn’t really look nice!).
The Bells & Whistles Outlook alerts options are fully compatible with all Outlook versions starting from Outlook 2003 (x32 and x64).