Easy Mail Merge v4 has been released! See what’s new & improved!
25th of May, 2015. We are proud to announce a new major version of Easy Mail Merge, the most advanced mail merge engine for Outlook. This new version adds several new features and improves the engine of the existing ones.
New features in version 4
– new Email Tracking function that lets you generate tracking reports (email views and click-through email stats) using the beautiful Google Analytics reporting platform (read more on email tracking with Easy Mail Merge);
– a new “Do Not Disturb” global list feature that lets you import a list of email addresses that shall automatically be removed from all your future Easy Mail Merge campaigns;
– revamped session reports that now display more stats, such as the total email addresses imported to the given campaign, the total number of invalid email addresses, number of emails sent, number of emails failed to be delivered, number of unsubscribed email addresses and number of replies received to your email campaign;
– new option to remove email addresses from an already created mail merge session, by importing a list of email addresses that are ought to be removed;
– new function allowing you to export to a CSV file the email addresses that failed to receive your email and the email addresses unsubscribed from your campaign;
– new option that lets you automatically skip weekends and resume on Mondays for those sessions that span across multiple days;
– new option to use a “From” email address that is not defined as an account on your Outlook profile (requires Outlook 2010 or newer);
– a new set of filtering options that helps you sort and filter the imported email addresses (in case you don’t want to send your email to the entire list of addresses);
– a new option to postpone the sending progress of a session until a specified date / time;
– when you create a new session, you can now choose to re-use the mailing list already used on a previous session;
– option to import custom fields (user defined fields) from Outlook Contacts;
– option to save your Send Options as defaults, so you don’t have to re-configure your Send Options for future sessions (unless you want to change them, of course);
– Easy Mail Merge will now use the recipient names (if available) as an alias name for the imported email addresses (more user friendly for your recipients;
As always, you can upgrade to the new version for free, if your license is within its free-upgrades period. Otherwise, you can upgrade to v4 for only $10! Simply download and install the new product version!
Improved & optimized
– updated interface design: the sessions list now displays different icons for each session status (in progress, draft, paused, finished); the sessions list can now be sorted by all its columns; you can now select multiple sessions in the sessions list; the option to ignore invalid addresses has been moved to the Send Options window (so you can now change this option after you created your mail merge session);
– starting with Windows 7, Easy Mail Merge will show a progress bar on your Outlook taskbar button, signaling the progress and status of your ongoing campaigns;
– faster & better email address import function, based on the SQLite engine;
– improved CSV import and parsing mechanism, making it a lot faster when you import a large CSV file;
– optimized mass email creation, so your mail merge emails are now generated much faster than before;
– improved handling & protection of the Outlook mail folder where the sessions are stored;
– better handling of imported data (the data is now displayed on-demand, making it much faster to display imported data);
– improved “Add Data to Session” engine – it now lets you update already imported data with new fields / columns;
– optimized add-in implementation, making it less likely to be accidentally disabled by Outlook.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!